August 7, 2016
The Blaze: Presidential Candidates Asked to Sign Pledge to Protect Children From Sexual Exploitation — Here’s How They Responded
Three presidential candidates have been asked to sign a pledge that promises to crack down on existing anti-obscenity laws, but only one nominee responded.
Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump returned the signed pledge to the nonpartisan organization Enough Is Enough® prior to his party’s national convention last month, the group’s founder and CEO Donna Rice Hughes said. Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s campaign told the organization that while she personally agrees with the pledge and mission, the campaign has a strict policy against signing pledges, Hughes told TheBlaze.
Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson has yet to respond to Enough Is Enough®’s inquiry.
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump signs a Trump doll for a girl dressed in costume like him during a campaign rally in Sumter, South Carolina, February 17, 2016. / AFP / JIM WATSON (Photo credit should read JIM WATSON/AFP/Getty Images)
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump signs a Trump doll for a girl dressed in costume like him during a campaign rally in Sumter, South Carolina. (Getty Images/Jim Watson)
“Mr. Trump’s leadership and commitment to uphold the rule of law is demonstrated by his signing of the Children’s Internet Safety Presidential Pledge,” Hughes said in a statement. “Making the internet safer for children and families is a critical step in making America safe again.”
“The Clinton campaign’s support of the pledge’s goals is also a step in the right direction,” she added. “This is a bipartisan unifying issue in which we can all check our differences at the door for the sake of the children. I remain optimistic that Secretary Clinton will reconsider signing this important pledge and that Gov. Johnson will do the same."...